Sunday, October 21, 2007

pumpkin patch





Last Thurs. Crew and I went on a field trip for his preschool to the Pumpkin Patch. We were almost there and it started to rain! It was windy and freezing. We had a hay ride in the rain, Crew was not feeling good and trying to make him pick a pumpkin was like pulling teeth without novicane! He then went through a little hay maze and was ready to go home. It would have been really fun if the weather would have been nice and if Crew would have felt good. We were supposed to have a picnic lunch after, but we were so cold and our hands were so numb, we just came home. Only to find out the next day Crew would have a fever of 103.8 and coughing like a seal. Yep, you guessed it, he got croup!! After two nights in the bathroom with a steam shower going and then going outside, I took him to the doctor. He has to be on a steroid for 3 days. Today he is much better but still coughing, hence that is why I am not at church at the moment! It's been a great week, I felt like I had a new born for a few days! (lack of sleep)

2 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

I HATE THAT STUFF!! I am soo sorry!! Poor Crew! Caleb got croup when he was 6 months old & had to take that Steroid stuff alot. There is nothing worse than being up at night with a coughing child, not knowing if they can breath or not. Hang in there!

Steph said...

Poor Crew baby! I am SO scared of the croup! How do they get it? JD got a cold that he cought from Katies boys..LOL and it was so sad. I hated to suction his nose!