Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boating season is finally here!






We are soo glad it is finally warm enough to go boating. The first 2 weeks of June were way too cold to even attempt it. We went out on Sat. our kids were soo excited as was Brady. I am still to big of a whimp to get into the water, it is still pretty cold. Mitch and Jaden jumped in first and then Katelyn had to prove that she was just as brave. I laughed soo hard at her face. When she hit the water she couldn't even scream, let alone catch her breath. That is why I will not get in until it warms up a little more. They loved it though, the water was pretty choppy, so they mostly tubed. Even Crew got out on the tube. Brady's new thing is surfing. He loves it. He is getting really good and almost able to let go of the rope and just surf behind the boat. I will try this sometime, it looks really fun and easy.


12 comments:

Becca Brown said...

I agree with you--I love boating season & am so glad the weather is finally good enough to get out. I, too, am a wimp with cold water. I am more than happy to drive the boat while the others freeze.

Robyn Baird said...

Oh wow that looks like so much fun. I remember those days. So much harder with little ones.

Katie Peterson said...

HOW FUN!! I want to come!!! How does it feel to live the life of luxury & go to the lake with no little babies to worry about falling in!! lol

Steph said...

Jenny can't wait to see some photos of you water skiing. Trust me.. I will be waiting.. LOL!!!

kim said...

YAY!! So fun for you to have a boat! I look forward to making some memories on it with you guys (hint, hint)! Don't be such a wuss and buy yourself a wetsuit. The shock only lasts a minute. You're the Jennster. That calls for some real woman action here!

lOVeS

Andrea said...

I want a boat! I am jealous! It looks like you guys had a blast. That is neat that Brady likes to surf off the back of the boat. Is there a lake near you guys or do you have to drive far for it?

Jill and Brandon, +4 said...

Jenny,
That looks so fun... I love the water.

I finally got a blog! You'll have to come and check it out. Let me know if it's ok to link your blogspot with mine.
feel free to add mine to yours.
thanks,
Jill
http://www.jandbrankin.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

That is so fun. I wish I lived closer to go with you. Your family is going to have so much fun!!! I haven't even been water skiing this summer! I love and miss you lots.

Brenda said...

Hello...boring...new post already? And when are you coming to see us? Yeah boating! Those are some of my fondest childhood memories...getting drug all over the Willamette river all summer long! Loves to you all...missing too...

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

How fun! Have you gotten in yet? I have been gone ALL summer, we need to go for a run, miss you!

Cala said...

Time for an update punk!!

Unknown said...

It's official.
The Cottle Clan has dropped from the face of the earth.

:|